Rock Auto

Thread: Problem removing headlight assembly...Help!

Problem removing headlight assembly...Help!

I am replacing both headlight assemblies in my 2013 SX (new lights have halos and Audi style LEDs). All directions say to remove the 2 screws on the top and one in the back. Then is says to "remove the headlight assembly". I know there are tabs on the bottom and sides of the light housing as well as a white plastic piece that sticks up in the back. How do I successfully pull these out of the vehicle? I can't find any hints or videos and it is stubborn trying to get it out. Any help appreciated.

Sorento Nation Lifetime Member
    pull them out straight, like quick... pulling to the direction where the low beams are pointing..

got it. It took a little wiggle and force at the same time. I just didn't want to break anything. The new lights look awesome. Eagle Eyes. I calculated the cost of replacements, opening them, buying halos and LEDs. Plus I have two little ones so my project time is limited. I bought these, put them in with limited time. Tomorrow I will wire the halos and LEDs as DRLs. Thanks for all of your posts Kobi. You really sparked my interest in upgrading the lights. I will post photos in the next few days comparing stock lights with silverstars vs eagle eyes since they go from H11 to H7 bulbs. plus more photos of the Eagle Eyes themselves since there is limited info out there on them and they look 200% better in person than this photo. The halos and LEDs are bright!
    eagle eye halos.jpg

Sorento Nation Lifetime Member
    take a pic facing the sun, im curious how bright they are as drl.. i know my friend bought one here and was dissapointed.. so we retroed the headlight instead....and the lowbeam output of hid was terrible, maybe made for halogen only...
    anyway.. congrats on the upgrade,.. better than stock i guess..

and by the way, make sure your turn signal is more visible when turning because it is inner now not outer buy a 25w led bulb they are brighter than halogen,.. they will match your drl too if you get the switchback ones
    Last edited by kobi411; 11-17-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Admin & Founder
    Blog Entries
    awesome setup Gumbyr1!!!
    ------------
    Admin & Founder
    2013 EX V6 AWD Pearl White - Blizzard
    2004 LX Clear Silver - Melanie - Traded for Blizzard but she lives on in my heart.
    ------------
    Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook
    Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
    Pin us on Pinterest

Sorento Nation Administrator
    Blog Entries

Problem removing headlight assembly...Help!

Nicely done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Administrator
    -2004 Kia Sorento LX (Previously Owned)
    -2007 Kia Sorento LX (Current Ride)
    -2000 Suzuki Quad Runner ATV